big top

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Vintage Sewing Journal

Hello Friends!  Well, here we are in April and it's my first post of the year.  I really want to have consistent posts this year, but life just gets in the way sometimes.  You know how it goes, right?  This project is one of my favorites!  I bought a journal from the Michael's $1.50 bin and totally altered it.  I used the Paper Studio paper pad called Kellerkurtz & Company from Hobby Lobby.  I went with the vintage sewing theme and I absolutely love it!  I added lots of printable ephemera from Ephemera's Vintage Garden throughout the journal.  I also used a lot of Tim Holtz and Hampton Arts stamps on most of the pages inside, along with some washi tape.  I embellished with flowers, spools and lots of other cute findings.  I also put lots of crinkled seam binding as page markers and included some pockets here and there.  I can't wait to make a lot of these!   I made this journal for a YouTube friend, Cynthia.  I sent it to her in the fall along with some other goodies.  Enjoy the pictures!

















No comments:

Post a Comment