big top

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Altered cork charms....

YouTube crafty swaps are so great.  I love participating whenever I can.  The last swap I was involved in was an altered cork charm and altered bag swap.  It was hosted by TheScrappyBookworm1.  She partnered us up and we were to make 2 altered cork charms and 1 altered bag filled with crafty goodies.  My partner was the oh so talented Lydia, who is iTripledogdareu on YouTube.  She sent me the most amazing altered corks and bag.  I show the all goodies she sent me in this video

I had never in my life altered a cork before, so I had some research and learning to do.  After several tutorials, I gave it a try!  I actually love how my corks came out!  I just went on Etsy and ordered like 40 wine corks for about $3.  You can't beat that!  I had such a great time altering them.  I used my Tim Holtz swivel clasps, lots of seam binding and lace, Tim Holtz memo pins, Prima vintage trinkets and a vintage charm.  I used Prima Lyric paper to attach the charms to and also used that collection to create my altered paper bag.  Pictures are below and the video where I share all of my creations can be found here.






I included some of my handmade flowers in her bag!

These are some of my handmade scruffy flowers.  I love making and sharing these!!

No comments:

Post a Comment