big top

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Autumn is falling down again.....

Autumn is my favorite season!  The air is light and crisp, the trees become a warm shade of orange, pumpkin spice everything is everywhere and most importantly...it's craft season!  I had a mat stack of the paper collection "The Gilded Orchard" by DCWV and I wanted to make a mini album out of it.  The papers were all oriented vertically, so I decided to make a vertical paper bag album, with chipboard covers!  I used a tutorial from mysistersscrapper on youtube (she's amazing!) and of course used the stack the deck binding system from Laura at following the paper trail.  I used 6 Recollections kraft paper bags, the entire mat stack, American Crafts Thickers, walnut stain distress ink, lots of different flowers and other various embellishments and crinkled seam binding.  The paper is absolutely lovely.  The colors are beautiful and include rich reds, purples, oranges, greens and trims of gold foil accents.  Here's my completed mini album!



 

 




















1 comment:

  1. I think this is the prettiest album you've made so far (not counting the beautiful Christmas album you made for me!) I love all the bright apples and fall prints and colors. Beautiful work, Amber.

    ReplyDelete