big top

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Vintage baby boy album

I believe that a handmade gift really tells someone that you care.  You can spend lots of money to give someone a special gift, but there's just something extra special about a handmade creation.  Non-crafty people may not understand all the work that these projects take, but those amazing people in your life that are worthy of a handmade gift will sure appreciate receiving such a precious treasure.  For those who don't appreciate it....is a real shame

I made this album out of chipboard.  I made it for a baby shower gift.  It's a 6x6 album and I used the Graphic 45 "Little Darlings" collection.  This paper is so precious and it's the same paper that I used in my earlier post "She's Clearly and Emma."  For the album in that post, I used the girl pages and for this album, I used the boy papers.  The vintage baby images and prints are almost too cute to cover with pictures....but I still made this mini album with lots of room for those new baby pictures.  I distressed the papers with tea dye and antique linen distress inks.  I had the 12X12 sheets and the 8X8 pad, along with all of the chipboard tags.  Since this album was for a little boy, I used American Crafts jute,  opposed to lace and seam binding.  I also used lots of buttons and twine.  I bound the album with the jute, through punched holes, set with eyelets.  Here's the album and card I made to go along with it!












No comments:

Post a Comment