big top

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Teacher's joy...

My mother-in-law has been going through a very tough time in her life.  I know that time is what a lot of people need to heal, but I also believe in escapes...happy escapes.  Crafting has definitely been an amazing escape for me this past year, with all I have had going on.  When all there seems to be is struggle and darkness in our lives, a little light from somewhere is all we need sometimes.  

A few weeks ago, I was happy to hear from my mother-in-law, that she was wanting to have a get together at her home for some very special friends that have been there for her in these tough months.  Most, if not all of them, are retired teachers.  My mother-in-law is a retired kindergarten and first grade teacher and she has a true passion for education.  As soon as I heard her say that she wanted her and I to MAKE the invitations...I immediately thought....ABC PRIMER!! 

For those of you who have never heard of ABC Primer...it's a line of Graphic 45, also known as my absolute favorite scrapbooking paper ever!  I love Graphic 45!  They have the most amazing designs and products.  ABC Primer is vintage schoolhouse paper and my mother-in-law absolutely fell in love with it.  I had the 8X8 paper pad and the 12X12 papers, along with both sets of chipboard tags.  It took us 4 nights of crafting and creating to get 19 cards done...but we sure had a blast doing it! 

Here they are!






 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment