big top

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Vintage Schoolhouse Charm.


After the very fun, card making marathon as mentioned in my "A Teacher's Joy" post, my mother-in-law had me on a search for more Graphic 45, ABC Primer 8X8 paper pads.  It was not easy!  There's a lot of 12X12 out there, but to find a retired paper pad by Graphic 45 in the 8X8 size is close to impossible!  However...I found 1!  I had to order it from Australia, but I found it! 

My mother-in-law decided that she wanted us to make a bunch more for her family and friends and just to have on hand.  I have really recruited a paper crafter in her, I swear.  She's almost more excited by this gorgeous paper line than I am.  Almost. :)  We have been working on different design techniques and we are currently drawn to layering.  We do work great together, even though I tend to like a more edgy look (not that you can get too edgy with schoolhouse paper..ha!) and she is more conservative.  However, the collaborative style of ours sure do make for some adorable and unique cards. 

We start with a Recollections kraft card base.  We layer the paper onto the card base and create our design.  We ink everything with Walnut Stain and use plain black cardstock for the insides of the cards to give it an antique blackboard look.  We add a coordinating embellishment in the corner and it's the perfect finishing touch.  I love making cards!

Here are the pictures of ABC Primer...Round 2! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment