big top

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

"She's Clearly an Emma..."

My great friend, Robin has 2 adorable, smart and witty, spunky and sweet little boys.  They have blond hair and a twinkle in their eyes.  She's an amazing mom and 6 months ago...she had Emma.  That little precious baby is the apple of every one's eye.  She's extra, extra cute and looks just like her momma.  She's fair skinned and blond with bright, beautiful eyes and full, rosy cheeks.  When I found out that Robin was having a little girl, I knew I wanted to make her a shabby chic, vintage mini album.  When I saw the Little Darlings collection by Graphic 45...it was beyond perfect. 

I made her a mini album using Recollections pink cards and envelopes from Michael's.  I inked all the edges of the cards, envelopes and paper with Antique Linen Distress Ink, by Tim Holtz.  I made the covers with chipboard and added some crinkled, dyed seam binding on the spine.  I also made a charm out of one of the chipboard tags from the collection and added glossy accents to make it hard and shiny.  I attached it to the spine with a Tim Holtz swivel clasp.  I started this project before Christmas and was so busy in the months after that I didn't complete it until a few weeks ago!  It turned out so nice and I also made her a card to go along with it. 

This is the card I made for her.

Here's the inside of the card.

This is the spine.  I used chipboard for the covers and added shabby chic seam binding. 


This is the back cover of the album.  I love this image...it reminds me of Emma.

Here's the front cover.







No comments:

Post a Comment