big top

Monday, May 6, 2013

A Handmade Birthday Gift.....

As you know from some of my previous posts, my mother-in-law loves Vintage Schoolhouse stuff.  I must say, I do too!  I found this Authentique paper called Curiosity.  It has some of the most beautiful color combos and is so distressed and vintage looking.  I made my mother-in-law 5 cards out of it.  The greys, yellows, teals and cream colors are so beautiful and I absolutely loved working with it.  I used the cream Recollections cards and envelopes from Michael's and inked all the edges with Walnut Stain distress Ink, by Tim Holtz.  I made chipboard pieces out of the tag pages in the 6X6 paper pad.  It was easy!  I just cut them out, inked the edges and glued them on a heavy, smooth piece of chipboard with my EK Success permanent glue stick.  Then I cut them out with my Tim Holtz scissors and used my hot glue gun to add them to the cards.  I love how the cards came out.  I tied them up with a big piece of burlap ribbon and put them in a vintage paper bag to give me MIL for her birthday.  She loved them and we are excited to make more with my leftover paper!















No comments:

Post a Comment