big top

Monday, May 6, 2013

Spring Bling Handmade Flower Swap!

I have never had so much fun with lace and ribbon!  I joined a Spring Bling Handmade Flower Swap on YouTube, hosted by one of my favorite channels, TheScrappyBookworm1.  We had a partner and were to make them at least 6 handmade flowers and send them 2 packets of bling!  I had never in my life made a handmade flower before, so it was a lot fun learning and creating.  I decided to make them out of lace and ribbon.  I used gorgeous, springy colors and then also played around with some burlap ribbon and scraps.  In the centers of the bright flowers, I used fabric brads by Crate Paper and Martha Stewart.  For the smaller ones, I used a big bling rhinestone and for the burlap flower centers, I used vintage buttons. 

I had so much fun creating these for my partner Amy, who is tootookawaii on YouTube.  I also sent her some bling and other crafty goodies.  I wanted to thank Cynthia, (our host TheScrappyBookworm1) by sending her a RAK. (Random Act of Kindness).  I made her a card and included lots of goodies, including a bag of vintage buttons, cameos, and a handmade burlap clipboard that I created for her.  Pictures are below. 







No comments:

Post a Comment