big top

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Romance Novel Card Set.....

My mother-in-law's favorite thing to do is send snail mail.  Well, maybe it's not her favorite thing to do, but if you count the number of emails you send out to communicate with your family and loved ones, across the miles, I can guarantee that my mother-in-law sends just as many letters through the mail.  She loves handmade cards and I thought that the perfect gift for her last Christmas would be a set of cards that I make.  

For the cards I made her, I used the Paper Studio card bases and envelopes (in kraft) from Hobby Lobby.  For the paper, I chose the Prima paper, Romance Novel by Marion Smith.  I used the 6x6 paper pad, along with some pages of the larger paper pad.  I also used some of the Romance Novel embellishments and some seam binding, vintage buttons and Prima flowers from my stash.  I inked all the edges of everything with Tim Holtz Distress ink in Walnut Stain.  I also added a few scraps of burlap here and there.  My mother-in-law loves vintage style and very distressed cards.  I wrapped the cards up with a big bunch of seam binding and gave them to her for Christmas.  She really loved them and I can't wait to make her more this year. 

Here are pictures of the 6 cards I made her.  I also decorated the insides of the cards, which will be under each picture. 









No comments:

Post a Comment